Village of Mantua
Safety Committee Meeting
October 29, 2006
MEMBERS PRESENT: Mayor Hopkins, Chief Buchert, Linda Schilling, Giles Seith
MEMBERS ABSENT: None
OTHERS PRESENT: None
CALL TO ORDER: The meeting was called to order at 0900 am by Linda Schilling
- Discussion on ID cards for the Village Employees. Will check with County on cost.
- Discussion on Ordinance to bid off old cars, 1028 & 1029?-all agreed
- Parking Ordinance, recommendation to change from 24 hours to 72 hours-all agreed
- Hired 2 part time Dispatchers since last meeting. One has completed training the other should be ready by the end of November if not sooner
- Range for the department was held this weekend, all passed per State requirements
- Budget meeting on Thursday
- Chief will be taking vacation first of November
- Handrails for the front walk-check with Love’s and check on prices for next meeting
- Police Department will be enforcing 2 hour parking on Main & Prospect
RECOMMENDED TO COUNCIL: None
ITEMS REFERRED TO SERVICE COMMITTEE: None
ITEMS TABLED: None
NEXT MEETING: Sunday, November 19, 2006 @9:00 a.m.
ADJOURNED: Meeting adjourned @9:40a.m.
Linda Schilling, Chairman
H.W. Buchert, Chief of Police