Village of Mantua
Safety Committee Meeting
October 25, 2007
MEMBERS PRESENT: Mayor Hopkins, Chief Buchert, Giles Seith and Marty Hura
MEMBERS ABSENT: None
OTHERS PRESENT: Linda Wilke
CALL TO ORDER: The meeting was called to order at 0600am by Giles Seith. August minutes approved, motion by Giles Seith, 2nd Marty Hura.
- ID cards- Nothing New - Contacted a second vendor, Enterprise, have not heard anything back
- Shower installed and functional.
- Records for disposal have been approved thru the Ohio Historical Society- can now move forward to the next step
- Ordinance for parking went to Council and approved for 1st reading
- Dispatch contract for Hiram was awarded to Fire Com- advised Hiram we are still interested
- Pre-Trial for James Clemens- planning to make an offer
- Steven Tayerle has returned from North Carolina and is working as part time dispatcher
- Wage agreement for Police Department has been turned over to Attorney Reitz- we may have to present it in Ordinance Format to Council- Committee advised to wait to see before resubmitting. If no appropriations wage contract cannot go into effect.
- Budget revision sheets were forwarded to Betsy
- Marty advised of paving truck that turned onto Elm St. from High St. concerned if this happens frequently or was just a one time occurrence.
- Mayor Hopkins is getting a letter together to send to Realtors reference the Old Village Hall Building
- Mandatory Training required by the State of Ohio for all Officers. 8 hours required by the end of this year- OPOTA sets the curriculum - 20 hours will be required next year. If the officer does not update they will loose their Officer status. The State of Ohio will reimburse for some of the Officers wage.
- We are in the process of setting up the annual Firearms Qualification required. PCSO is being contacted reference when we can use the range. Only cost to us will be officers’ wages.
- Chief will be on Vacation, November 4 - 11. Return to work on November 12, 2007.
RECOMMENDED TO COUNCIL: None
ITEMS REFERRED TO SERVICE COMMITTEE: None
ITEMS TABLED: None
NEXT MEETING: November 29, 2007 @ 6:00 AM
ADJOURNED: Meeting adjourned @ 06:29am- Marty motioned and Giles seconded, all agreed
Giles Seith, Chairperson
H.W. Buchert, Chief of Police