Village of Mantua
Safety Committee Meeting
August 23, 2007
MEMBERS PRESENT: Mayor Hopkins, Chief Buchert, Giles Seith and Marty Hura
MEMBERS ABSENT: None
OTHERS PRESENT: Linda Wilke
CALL TO ORDER: The meeting was called to order at 0602am by Giles Seith. June minutes approved, motion by Giles Seith 2nd Marty Hura
- ID cards- Nothing New -John Barber very busy will get it as soon as possible. Mayor will also check vendor and supply Chief with info.
- Police Department web page is updated and has been forwarded to Michelle.
- Rodney has 1 more class to attend for Records. P.D. training fund depleted- Administrative training can bear some of the cost for training.
- Shower for PD is going to be started next week. It was in the contract so we are going to move forward.
- Laptop computers are now in vehicles. Would like to order desktops for the patrol room. Looking at low end, just something that will handle network and programming. Police Capitol has the funding. Committee agreed.
- Issue reference two hour parking on Main Street in front of Hayletts Food Store. Concerns discussed with committee. Options- shorter time limit, control only first three spots, or bring before Council. Committee discussed and agreed to limit time in first three spots only. Once passed warnings will be given for first thirty days.
- General Orders almost done for Potato Festival and will be out by next week.
- Revised contract for employees for next year. Change made in Section 3 with Merit Increase.
- Attended meeting in Hiram on Tuesday reference dispatch contract. We have offered a flat rate and Fire Com has offered a rate per call. We should know something in September.
- School starts on Tuesday.
RECOMMENDED TO COUNCIL: None
ITEMS REFERRED TO SERVICE COMMITTEE: None
ITEMS TABLED: None
NEXT MEETING: September 27, 2007 @ 6:00 AM
ADJOURNED: Meeting adjourned @ 06:40am- Marty motioned and Giles seconded, all agreed
Giles Seith, Chairperson
H.W. Buchert, Chief of Police