Village of Mantua
Safety Committee Meeting
July 27, 2005
MEMBERS PRESENT: Mayor Hopkins, Linda Schilling, Paul Janson
MEMBERS ABSENT: Matt Roosa
OTHERS PRESENT: Chief Buchert, Ed Trego and Linda Wilke
CALL TO ORDER: The meeting was called to order and minutes were approved for the May 2005 meeting.
OLD BUSINESS: No Old Business
- Grant approved by the State for the software and vendor for records management, total is $18,000.00; we pay $4000.00 that is including a new computer. CAD systems is separate amount and will be purchased for the Department. The vendor is TAC out of Oakwood.
- Patrol Car- it is too late to order. A national search can be done and whatever is out there available is what we would have to take. If we bid 2006 car it will not be ready until possibly April. F&S has recommended we get a car as soon as possible, the current vehicles are nickel and dimeing the Department. Maintenance contract is $4200.00 for 5 years or 100,000 miles, option to get one or not. Committee advised deal with that when we find a vehicle. Committee discussed and advised to see what we can get, if something is found just go thru Mayor’s office.
- We will be going on line with the State of Ohio with records management. This is no cost to the Village at this time.
- Met with the electrical engineer for the department needs at the new station. Drawings should be done in a week or so. Electrician is also going to submit a projected budget.
- Department is looking at a new copier, current one is 6-7 years old and lease ran out. We can save 20-30% and upgrade the system. Cost is based per copy.
- Soap Box Derby -Village has supplied 2 Officers for this event at no cost to the derby. Detail is approximately $700.00. Discussion on derby or vendor helping to pick up the cost. Chief will check with management of derby too see how it is funded & if 2 Officers are needed.
- Crestwood School system has contacted the Department reference hooking the fire alarm into Dispatch. Mayor suggests charging for the service. Checking thru various departments, no one charges for the service. Committee discussed the options and advised to move forward with the hookup.
- Auxiliary Officer James Barrett has been on approved leave until July 1, 2005. James has resigned effective July 1, 2005 and will be released from employment.
RECOMMENDED TO COUNCIL: None
ITEMS REFERRED TO SERVICE COMMITTEE: None
ITEMS TABLED: None
NEXT MEETING: Wednesday, August 24, 2005 @6:30a.m.
ADJOURNED: Meeting adjourned.
Linda Schilling, Chairman
H.W. Buchert, Chief of Police