Village of Mantua
Safety Committee Meeting
June 28, 2007
MEMBERS PRESENT: Mayor Hopkins, Chief Buchert, Giles Seith and Marty Hura
MEMBERS ABSENT: None
OTHERS PRESENT: Linda Wilke, Matt Roosa and Ed Trego
CALL TO ORDER: The meeting was called to order at 0602am by Giles Seith. April minutes approved, motion by Mayor Hopkins, 2nd Marty Hura
- ID cards- Chief contacted John Barber when sample cards are ready John will send them to us.
- Soap Box Derby all ran good- no incidents
- Ed received quote for generator reference propane - cost would be $3100.00 our budget cannot withstand the cost- hold off for now.
- Police Department is currently updating all info reference the department to the web page
- Old Siren brought up to Fire Dept.- no interest in old siren
- 3 Samples of fee structures passed out for copies. Samples cover everything
- Resident requesting parking restriction from 3am - 6 am on 1st Street at High Street be removed Chief and Ed have no issues with this. Committee discussed options. Committee decided to ask that signs from Franklin Street to High Street be removed for now. Committee will revisit this issue in a couple of months and deal with ordinance.
- Resident concerned with Noise- Samples of Noise Ordinance passed out. Noise Ordinance is very difficult to regulate. Committee discussed options and does not wish to do anything at this time.
- Concerns with dumpster in roadway and business working in roadway on 1st Street. Business owner has been advised.
- Tattoo Parlor coming to the Village. Samples of legislation passed out. A lot of restrictions are thru the county and health department.
- Rodney Terry will be attending class reference the new records retentions that will go into effect in September. We will have to write policy on how to handle retention.
- Copy of appropriations passed out, Chief was able to cut $120,000.00 from budget
RECOMMENDED TO COUNCIL: None
ITEMS REFERRED TO SERVICE COMMITTEE: None
ITEMS TABLED: None
NEXT MEETING: August 23, 2007 @ 6:00 a.m.
ADJOURNED: Meeting adjourned @ 06:40am- Giles motioned , Mayor seconded ,all agreed
Giles Seith, Chairperson
H.W. Buchert, Chief of Police