Village of Mantua
Safety Committee Meeting
June 24, 2010
MEMBERS PRESENT: Chief Buchert, Marty Hura, Linda Schilling and Giles Seith
MEMBERS ABSENT: Matt Roosa
OTHERS PRESENT: Linda Wilke
CALL TO ORDER: Chief Buchert called the meeting to order at 6:38 a.m. April minutes were reviewed. Motion to approve minutes by Marty, 2nd by Giles, all ayes.
- Appropriation status everything in line at this time. Overtime Report added the last line to report, shows each employee and their overtime from 2009.
- Siren Tower – 1st phase of replacing the platform is done. Tim Benner is working on closing up the electric box- 2nd phase repair pulley on flag pole. Chief will talk to Jeff Blunk reference climbing the pole.
- NOTE: Chief Buchert would like to extend Special Recognition and a huge Thank You to Tim Benner, Giles Seith, Bill Zoller and F&S for all the help with the Siren Tower.
- Additional Body Mic Recorders have not been ordered yet.
- Cemetery Drive parking – Chief researched and cannot find who owns the property. The last recorded information was in 1936 and the deed transferred from Disciples of Christ Church to the Ladies Cemetery Association. The Board will continue to research. New residents have moved in with a smaller car- parking problem solved for now.
- Signage - With new Community Sign being constructed Chief would like to remove the Engine Brake Signs and try to clean that area up from so many signs. Committee discussed and recommended removing the Engine Brake Sign at the south end of the Village Only.
- Reminder of Art on the Hill on July 10, 2010- trying to schedule an extra officer for the event area. Events will be on East Prospect Street Only.
- Ox Roast Fair, the following weekend, July 16,17,18- extra officer on the road Friday and Saturday
- Chief advised Committee- Main computer in dispatch is not working properly, could be several different things. Will check all options, if computer goes down will have to move quickly to replace it. Committee agreed.
- Linda Schilling asked about “Ice Melt” wires for roof of building for the icicle problem. Chief advised it should be taken to Service Committee. Linda will address it at Service.
RECOMMENDED TO COUNCIL: None
ITEMS REFERRED TO SERVICE COMMITTEE: “Ice Melt” for Administration Bldg.
ITEMS TABLED: None
NEXT MEETING: JULY 29, 2010 @ 6:30a.m.
ADJOURNED: Meeting adjourned at 7:00 a.m. Motion to adjourn by Marty, 2nd by Giles, all ayes.
Giles Seith, Chairperson
H.W. Buchert, Chief of Police