Village of Mantua
Safety Committee Meeting
April 30, 2009
MEMBERS PRESENT: Chief Buchert, Giles Seith and Marty Hura
MEMBERS ABSENT: Asst. Fire Chief Matt Roosa
OTHERS PRESENT: Linda Wilke and Village Solicitor Michele Stuck
CALL TO ORDER: Chief Buchert called the meeting to order at 6:40am. March 2009 minutes were reviewed. Motion to approve minutes by Giles, 2nd by Marty, all ayes.
- Budget Summary passed out and reviewed. As of date in the red $144.35, due to expenses in February with Rodney and Dan. Overtime is down from last year 25 and ½ hours with a savings of approximately $707.00.
- Siren Tower, no new information, have not heard anything back from Eddie Benner. Giles advised he intends to climb it and see what exactly is needed. Concern is with the siren falling.
- Met with Hiram Village Committee reference Dispatch Contract on Tuesday, April 28, 2009. Committee will bring it forth at their next Council Meeting which is on May 12, 2009 at 7pm. Chief Buchert, Mayor Hawkins and Ptl. Ken Justus will be attending the meeting. Chief Buchert is making a few modifications to the contract and will be forwarding it to Michele.
- No information on the COPS Grant yet.
- Have not had any more noise complaints- spoke with the owner and the bartender is checking on situations.
- Chief will provide evaluation forms for Committee for review at next meeting. Committee will discuss and decide on which form to use for Chief Bucherts evaluation.
- Dan Forman was sworn in on April 27, 2009 as an Auxiliary officer. Wage will be the same and he will start working road again.
- Bob is still off on sick leave and will return on Friday, May 08, 2009
- Click It/Ticket It Campaign will be May 18th thru May 31st. Enforcement will be increased.
- Police Officer Memorial Week, May 11-16. Authorized sending a Unit
- Officer will be attending a funeral in Stow
- Memorial Day Parade will begin at 9:30 we will be leading the parade- then to Mantua Center
- Drug Sweep was done at Crestwood High School on Tuesday, April 26, 2009. A soft lockdown was done. School and Parking Lot was checked. There were hits on lockers however nothing found. Several vehicle hits, 3 found with actual substance or alcohol. Charges are pending and we are in touch with the Drug Task Force.
- Welcome Michele Stuck as our new Village Solicitor, looking forward to working with her. The Officers have been advised any information that needs to be forward to her should be in a sealed envelope and put in her mailbox
RECOMMENDED TO COUNCIL: None
ITEMS REFERRED TO SERVICE COMMITTEE: None
ITEMS TABLED: None
NEXT MEETING: May 28, 2009 at 6:30 am
ADJOURNED: Meeting adjourned at 7:10am, Motion to adjourn by Giles, 2nd by Marty all ayes.
Giles Seith, Chairperson
H.W. Buchert, Chief of Police