Village of Mantua
Safety Committee Meeting
April 29, 2010
MEMBERS PRESENT: Chief Buchert, Marty Hura, Linda Schilling and Giles Seith
MEMBERS ABSENT: Matt Roosa
OTHERS PRESENT: Linda Wilke
CALL TO ORDER: Chief Buchert called the meeting to order at 6:31 a.m. March minutes were reviewed. Motion to approve minutes by Linda, 2nd by Giles, all ayes.
- Appropriation status thru March 31 discussed seems to be on track. Overtime is on track right now- few hours for holding over but we are trying to watch. Ptl. Prokop case at Grand Jury right now.
- Siren Tower – Chief Buchert, the FD and Randy Weaver will be working on the tower in the next couple of weeks. Giles offered to help with anything needed.
- Hiram Phone Lines- Working on getting them installed- slow process.
- Body Mic Recorders are in and in use. They are Video and Audio with a 2 hr continuous run time, however they can be turned on and off as needed. Excellent picture and audio quality. Officers are getting use to using them with positioning their body for the best recording. Committee viewed clips from the recorder, discussed and suggest that Chief purchase 2 more. Very good insurance for the Village
- Budget has been turned over to the Mayor. Chief handed out copy of ORC reference time line for Mayor to receive, formulate and submit.
- Since last meeting no complaints from the Village Tavern
- Signs have been posted for Traffic Control with arrows as requested from Safety.
- Chief will be on Vacation May 26 thru June 1, 2010. Discussion on moving Safety Committee or just canceling. Committee agreed to cancel May meeting.
COMMITTEE COMMENT- Marty expressed concern with the parking on Cemetery Drive. Vehicle parked into lane. Makes it tight for one vehicle to get through. Residents in winter park on sidewalk a little so snow plow truck can get thru and there is less foot traffic. Summer months we do not allow parking on the side walk. Chief advised we are looking at an alternative for the residents. Discussion on the triangle area and who actually owns it. Research it and decide if that may be an option.
RECOMMENDED TO COUNCIL: None
ITEMS REFERRED TO SERVICE COMMITTEE: None
ITEMS TABLED: None
NEXT MEETING: JUNE 24, 2010 @ 6:30a.m.
ADJOURNED: Meeting adjourned at 7:15 a.m. Motion to adjourn by Giles, 2nd by Marty, all ayes.
Giles Seith, Chairperson
H.W. Buchert, Chief of Police