Village of Mantua
Safety Committee Meeting
March 26, 2006
MEMBERS PRESENT: Mayor Hopkins, Chief Buchert, Linda Schilling
MEMBERS ABSENT: Matt Roosa, Giles Seith
OTHERS PRESENT: None
CALL TO ORDER: The meeting was called to order at 0900 am by Linda Schilling
- Discussion on ID cards for the Village Employees. FD waiting on FD proofs
- New Patrol cars ordered March 27 - 30
- Discussion on Handicap Parking to move. Committee agreed to move to Prospect and Main
- Discussion on putting up littering signs in business district area. Asked if there have been any problems? Advised no more than usual. Committee felt that the area is over signed now, no action will be taken.
- Lions Club has asked about putting a bicycle dirt track in park area; will refer to Park Committee.
- Sgt. Reitz received Blue Coat Award from the Knights of Columbus
- Budget handout on new building by Mayor.
RECOMMENDED TO COUNCIL: None
ITEMS REFERRED TO SERVICE COMMITTEE: None
ITEMS TABLED: None
NEXT MEETING: Sunday, April 30, 2006 @9:00 a.m.
ADJOURNED: Meeting adjourned @9:30a.m.
Linda Schilling, Chairman
H.W. Buchert, Chief of Police