Village of Mantua
Safety Committee Meeting
January 31, 2008
MEMBERS PRESENT: Mayor Hawkins, Chief Buchert, Giles Seith and Marty Hura
MEMBERS ABSENT: None
OTHERS PRESENT: Matt Roosa, Linda Wilke and Roger Hawkins
CALL TO ORDER: The meeting was called to order at 630am by Giles Seith
- Employee handbook updates have been completed and handed out to the employees and put in mailboxes
- Motion made to select new Chairperson and nominated Giles Seith.- Marty 2nd nomination and all agreed.
- Minutes from last meeting discussed and approved. Motion by Giles to accept and Marty 2nd. All Agreed.
- Service Contract for Cruiser was brought to Committee. Service agreement will cover long term problems after manufacture warranty expires. We have already replaced a hub and water pump. Prices are 24 months, 36,000 miles for $3575.00-- 36 months, 54,000 miles for $4125.00-- or 48 months, 72, 000 miles for $5205.00. Committee discussed and decided to look at this at a later date.
- Firearms Training was completed in November- completed successfully
- All officers completed Mandatory training set by OPOTC- completed successfully. This training is registered with the state and is required every year. Eight hours will be due for 2008.
- Patrolman Chris Mullins resigned his part time position with Mantua Police Department
- Letter has been drafted reference notifications of possible pending layoffs to four full time employees. Employees affected will be Shawn Gahagan, Judy Lisk, Rodney Terry and Dan Forman. Discussion on staggering shifts to retain coverage.
- Due to financial issue in the Village another alternative was discussed reference closing dispatch center and contracting it out. Committee agreed Dispatch is a great service to the public, the community, as well as, Service Department and Fire Department. Topic will be brought up to finance committee.
- Meeting remains on last Thursday of each month at 6:30am.
RECOMMENDED TO COUNCIL: None
ITEMS REFERRED TO SERVICE COMMITTEE: None
ITEMS TABLED: None
NEXT MEETING: February 28 @ 6:30 a.m.
ADJOURNED: Meeting adjourned @ 07:10am- Motion to close by Giles , Marty seconded ,all agreed
Giles Seith, Chairperson
H.W. Buchert, Chief of Police