Village of Mantua
Safety Committee Meeting
January 29, 2006
MEMBERS PRESENT: Mayor Hopkins, Chief Buchert, Matt Roosa, Linda Schilling, Giles Seith
MEMBERS ABSENT: None
OTHERS PRESENT: None
CALL TO ORDER: The meeting was called to order at 0955 am by Linda Schilling
- Discussion on ID cards for the Village Employees. Committee approved and advised to go ahead and get it set up
- Discussion on Personnel Manual and changes that were submitted to Council. Committee supports in whole the recommendations sent forward.
- Discussion on Government Center and update on activities going on at this time
- New cars to be ordered by the end of the month
- Discussion on Soap Box Derby and other community activities. At this time Committee suggested to have Lionís Club, Soap Box Derby and Chamber of Commerce to meet & discuss issues. Chief agreed to supply 1 Officer for the event, any other Officers needed there will be a charge.
- Discussion to move handicapped parking on Main Street from the Franklin Street area to Prospect Street area. Committee recommended that zone be moved after the Service Committee looks at the issue. Linda Schilling will bring it forth to that Committee.
RECOMMENDED TO COUNCIL: None
ITEMS REFERRED TO SERVICE COMMITTEE: None
ITEMS TABLED: None
NEXT MEETING: Sunday, February 26, 2006 @9:00 a.m.
ADJOURNED: Meeting adjourned @10:40a.m.
Linda Schilling, Chairman
H.W. Buchert, Chief of Police