Village of Mantua
Safety Committee Meeting
January 27, 2011
MEMBERS PRESENT: Chief Buchert, Marty Hura, Giles Seith and Linda Schilling
MEMBERS ABSENT: Matt Roosa
OTHERS PRESENT: Linda Wilke
CALL TO ORDER: Chief Buchert called the meeting to order at 6:30 a.m. December 09, 2010 minutes were reviewed. Motion to approve minutes by Linda, 2nd by Marty, all ayes.
- Appropriation statuses to date- Doing OK. Overtime Report to date reviewed.
- Siren Tower Up and operating- Test is every Sunday at Noon for 1 minute
- Laptop in vehicle is still down- having problem with Verizon- updated card is required, it has been ordered at no cost to the Village
- Monitors for dispatch have not been ordered yet, looking at 3 additional, we will go thru Dell Government
- We have hired 1 new Auxiliary Officer, Al Gilbert, he currently works part time in Hiram and Painsville Schools. He was hired on January 25, 2010. He should be a next council meeting
- Contacted by Fire Chief Joe Stoneberg reference our current contract. They have concerns about the contract and would like a similar contract as Hiram. We discussed several issues. We agreed to change their cost to 1/3 of equipment for now. They would like to phase out of the equipment within 5 years. No increase this year. A new contract made up that reflects the changes and to repeal ordinance just passed. Chief will send contract to Village Solicitor for review will send to Finance and to Council
- Jim Barrett has been contacted and will be resigning I have not heard anything yet
- Village Solicitor advised of conflict in Codified Ordinance for Auxiliary Officers. Amend current section and bring forth to Council
- Chief was asked to get a quote for cameras for Glacier Eskar Trail- Mike Lewis was contacted and will give quotes. It will be the same cameras as the Buchert Park. May have to trim trees for clear line of site. Should have quote by Finance Committee
- Chief advised of Vacation February 7- 11 2011
- Committee discussed raises- agreed to send to Finance Committee
RECOMMENDED TO COUNCIL: Ordinance for Auxiliary Officer amendment
ITEMS REFERRED TO FINANCE COMMITTEE: MSFD Contract Wage Agreement
ITEMS REFERRED TO PARK COMMITTEE:
ITEMS TABLED: None
NEXT MEETING: FEBRUARY 24, 2011 @ 6:30a.m.
ADJOURNED: Meeting adjourned at 7:08 a.m. Motion to adjourn by Giles, 2nd by Marty, all ayes.
Giles Seith, Chairperson
H.W. Buchert, Chief of Police