Historic Landmarks Commission
Landmark Commission's 2018 meetings will be: February 3, May 5, August 4, November 3. All are Saturday mornings at 10:30 a.m. in Council chambers at Village Hall.
Read the Landmark Commission's 2017 Annual Report here.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE.
The Village Council, being mindful of the proud history of this community, hereby declares as a matter of public policy that the preservation, protection, perpetuation and use of areas, places, buildings, structures, works of art and other objects having a special historical, community, or aesthetic interest or value is a public necessity and is required in the interest of health, prosperity, safety, and welfare of the people. The purposes of this chapter are:
- To maintain and enhance the distinctive character of the historic resources of Mantua by establishment of procedures whereby certain areas, places, buildings, structures and works or art which reflect elements of the Village's cultural social, economic, political, or architectural history shall be allowed that measure of protection afforded by a thorough study of alternatives to incompatible alterations or demolition before such acts are performed.
- To contribute to the economic, recreational, cultural and educational development of the Village by:
- Fostering civic pride in the beauty and notable accomplishments of the past;
- Promoting the use and preservation of historic sites and structures for the education and general welfare of the people of the Village;
- Enhancing the visual and aesthetic character, diversity and interest of the Village;
- Facilitating the rehabilitation and revitalization of certain older neighborhoods and areas;
- Protecting and enhancing attractions to residents, tourists and visitors;
- Stabilizing and improving property values; and
- Stimulating business and attracting development.
Renee Henry, Chair, Term expires 12/31/20
Nick Ehlert, Vice Chair, Term expires 12/31/18
Terri Vechery, Secretary, Term expires 12/31/18
Eric Hummell, Term expires 12/31/18
Clark Magdych, Term expires 12/31/19
Vacant seat, Term expires 12/31/19
Toomas Tubalkain, Term expires 12/31/20
September 9, 2017
April 1, 2017
February 25, 2017
November 5, 2016
September 10, 2016
June 25, 2016
May 7, 2016
March 5, 2016
January 9, 2016
September 26, 2015
June 13, 2015
April 11, 2015
December 27, 2014
September 27, 2014
June 28, 2014
March 29, 2014
December 21, 2013
August 28, 2013
June 26, 2013
April 17, 2013
March 27, 2013
Read the Landmark Commission's 2016 Annual Report here.